BREAKY GREENS WITH POACHED EGGS
The perfect way to start any day! This recipe is one of my favorites from our book The Art of Wellness. It's easy to make and a lovely way to impress guests. If the poaching process is a bit much for you, try it as a scramble and sprinkle with truffle salt for added flavor.
BREAKY GREENS WITH POACHED EGG
• 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
• 4 large eggs
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1tbsp fresh basil, chopped
• 1 head of kale or collard greens or a mix of both
• 1tsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp. truffle oil
• Mix of sunflower & pumpkin seeds
• Handful of fresh sprouts or micro greens
• Tempeh-crumbled & toasted (*optional)
• 4 slices of gluten free toast (*optional)
1) Fill a large saucepan with 1 1/2 inches of water. Heat over high heat until boiling; stir in 1-tablespoon vinegar & reduce to medium/high heat.
2) Break one egg into a cup; stir water, then dip cup in water 20 seconds & release the egg. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook until whites are just firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
3) In a medium fry pan, toss kale or collards with a tsp. of coconut oil or steam for 30 seconds. Drain and serve.
4) Divide greens among 2 plates; place over gf toast, top each with a poached egg, seed mixture, crumbled tempeh, herbs & few dashes of truffle oil & a pinch or 2 of sea salt, serve.