The perfect way to start any day! This recipe is one of my favorites from our book The Art of Wellness. It's easy to make and a lovely way to impress guests. If the poaching process is a bit much for you, try it as a scramble and sprinkle with truffle salt for added flavor.
BREAKY GREENS WITH POACHED EGG
• 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
• 4 large eggs
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1tbsp fresh basil, chopped
• 1 head of kale or collard greens or a mix of both
• 1tsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp. truffle oil
• Mix of sunflower & pumpkin seeds
• Handful of fresh sprouts or micro greens
• Tempeh-crumbled & toasted (*optional)
• 4 slices of gluten free toast (*optional)
1) Fill a large saucepan with 1 1/2 inches of water. Heat over high heat until boiling; stir in 1-tablespoon vinegar & reduce to medium/high heat.
2) Break one egg into a cup; stir water, then dip cup in water 20 seconds & release the egg. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook until whites are just firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
3) In a medium fry pan, toss kale or collards with a tsp. of coconut oil or steam for 30 seconds. Drain and serve.
4) Divide greens among 2 plates; place over gf toast, top each with a poached egg, seed mixture, crumbled tempeh, herbs & few dashes of truffle oil & a pinch or 2 of sea salt, serve.