1. Begin each day with lemon water. Though lemons measure slightly acid out side of the body, they have an alkaline effect in the body. Lemon water not only alkalizing, but it also contains high amounts of vitamin C and aids in digestion. This will give your skin a gorgeous glow & your immune system a boost.
2. Drink plenty of water! Adequate water intake supports all body systems and clears out excess toxins. Drink half your body weight in ounces everyday to keep your body systems regulated. For instance, if you weigh 130 pounds, drink 65 ounces of water daily. Carry a water bottle with you & fill it with filtered water all day vs. constantly drinking from plastic, which wreaks havoc on your hormones.
3. Trade coffee for herbal or green tea. Green tea is highly alkaline. Try jasmine, sencha or matcha. Or switch to a less processed, less acidic coffee like bulletproof or brands labeled low acid.
4. Replace your salt with mineral rich Himalayan salt. This will help to replace the calcium and magnesium being drawn from your body every time you move towards an acidic state.
5. Use stevia, coconut sugar or small amounts of honey in place of sugar. Sugar is one of the most acidic foods and it pops up everywhere in our day-to-day lives. Try to balance the amount you are having by using alternative sweeteners as much as possible.
6. Eat a salad or add greens to every meal. Load up on leafy greens everyday. Add a tbsp. of green powder to your smoothies or buy liquid chlorophyll and add it to your water once a day. Greens are highly alkaline and oxygen rich. This helps to neutralize the acids.
7. Drink fresh green vegetable juices as often as possible. Again, greens contain high amounts of chlorophyll, which contain high amounts of oxygen, oxygen = alkalinity.
8. Limit your alcohol consumption. Alcohol is not only highly acidic, but it lowers your ability to make conscious decisions. The more you drink, the more likely it is that you will fill up on acidic foods.
9. Reduce stress- meditate as often as possible, practice deep breathing, do yoga, get into nature, try earthling & get plenty of sleep. Take baths, drink tea, daydream, go for a walk after dinner, whatever it is that makes you feel centered. Stress creates cellular acidity. Always work on bringing yourself back into balance by creating rituals that make you feel good & calm your mind-body.
10. Exercise to create more oxygen & Qi flow in the body & avoid stagnation. Dance, hike, do yoga, play with your kids & have fun! Exercise also helps to relieve stress. Do your best to get moving whenever possible. Exercise=oxygen=alkalinity.