This apple crisp recipe is my absolute favorite ! I have been making it since apple season started & have yet to get sick of it. It's filled with fiber & vitamin c and it's gluten-free for those with an intolerance. The perfect addition to any fall menu!
- 1 cup gluten free organic oats (sub-quinoa flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour or almond meal, oat or coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
- 5-6 medium Granny smith, Macintosh or Honey crisp apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, coconut nectar, yacon syrup or sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Filling: Peel, core & cut apples. Place apples in a large bowl & mix with lemon juice & ginger.
- Combine flour, cinnamon & nutmeg & add to apple mixture. Add honey or sweeter of choice & mix until all of the apples are coated.
- Place apples evenly in an 8×8 glass-baking dish.
- Crisp: Combine oats, cinnamon, flour, sugar, vanilla and sea salt in a medium bowl. Mix in coconut oil or cut butter into small cubes.
- Using your hands, create a crumble with the mixture.
- Distribute crumb mixture over apples & Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until topping is nicely browned.
- Serve warm with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream.